CC Willow art store

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Secret

Secret


There are times when you pause
and I can't seem to look at noon
in a day that seems ordinary  - should be right  -
you look at the lines and you realize
that everything  is wrong;
the worn carpet is wrong ,
your thoughts about tomorrow are wrong,
your own skin is wrong ,
the molecules between the air is the wrong size.
I look at the length of my arm,
from elbows  to the tips of my short nails,
and wonder how can I still be alive -
why am I still alive in a space, a place
that has long been ready to release me.
How can I move forward into the next second
into the next slide into the future ?
it rejects me ; transparent cement wall
of postponed, prolapsed possibility
I looked at my past and
I see those walls strung one next to the other
as like and as unlike as pearls can be.
Somehow I have slid between them -
like secrets not knowing they exist-
maybe it's wrong-sized molecules of air
allowing me to phase through as a mutant
continuing my progression through the wrong days.
I have made my decisions, made my strategies
and they seemed right
But I was blind . I did not see the walls .
did not see my own skin for the fragile thing it is.


Ariel
Dec 10, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment