CC Willow art store

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Pumping


Watching your heart on the monitor,
how it pushes the dark fluid
stretches its walls out and down
like a tidal pool among slender rib rocks.
The blood, dark & translucent fluid,
pouring, flowing into its first chamber
rolls along the top extension roof
reaches out and somersaults down
and under, seeking entry into the next.
Like smoke in the glass - swirls & eddies.

I find my heart taking on that same pattern;
Pumping. Flow, Roll under. Pumping. Flow. Roll under.
It's comforting, a strong heartbeat, decisive push
watch it over & over like a tide coming in.
I can almost hear its drum-thrumm,
feel it's waves under my palm, flesh warm.
Then the image shifts - End Of Roll -
and remember. This is just a recording.
Machines around you, playing soft dings and alarms,
none watching, matching the rhythm I just watched.


Ariel
Dec 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment