CC Willow art store

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Waiting Room II


I am walking through the land of dim lights
through the sparten halls of muffled noises;
walking away from your room -
that room -
that we are both living in
the smell of body sweat and distillation
we are both living in this waiting room.
                                      
Me - wondering What? When? How
will I know?
I - not knowing if
you wonder
and if so - what?
It distills down to not knowing
as I hold your hand
waiting on the choice I think you would want
and knowing
you will have to live
or die
with it. Muffled fears kept dim
close in, holding my heart in
this waiting room, this holding pattern.
Who do I trust
when I don't trust myself.

You held that trust
held it in your capable hands
those hands that held my baby’s
held your grandbabies.
You trusted me with this decision.

I'm feeling time leach away
draining, as I impotently move your muscles
as I impotently watch
your eyes, searching in the dim lights -
hot and feverish cool & quiet like now.
as I impotently wish my face will hold your eyes.
As I impotently wait for a sign
I can hold as progress
It is the added significance of December
that has me doubting
that sends me walking away

the waiting that slips time away from us
holding your hands
when I want to hold time still
repair it
repair you,
as I impotently watch you not holding,
you not waiting,
you slipping away.

Ariel
December 11, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment